Soup of the Day - August 2nd, 2017

Every Wednesday, you'll find our pick for LOTW from our Cookin' up Creations Gallery!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Soup of the Day - August 2nd, 2017

Post by tammyfolk »

Congratulations Barb!!

I picked this layout immediately from the gallery.....it really jumped out at me for sooooo many reasons. I love the design, and the fact that it has a cat on it!! But most importantly, I loved the fact that it uses bright colors, but still feels masculine, and with a 16 year old boy in the house, using cutesy papers just doesn't seem to fly any more!! Great layout Barb! Congratulations again!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Soup of the Day - August 2nd, 2017

Post by Patti »

GREAT choice, Tammy! I agree with everything you said. Congrats, Barb! Super job!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Tammy, thanks for choosing this layout! Cameron, the grandson in the pic, is 12 now and hates to see "little kid paper" on layouts about him. I'll tell him he was "Soup of the Day". He'll get a kick out of that. :lol:
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Patti wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 pm GREAT choice, Tammy! I agree with everything you said. Congrats, Barb! Super job!
Thank you, Patti! The papers and embellishments are from Bella Blvd's "Alex" collection and is so fun to play with
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

BarbP wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:50 pm
Patti wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 pm GREAT choice, Tammy! I agree with everything you said. Congrats, Barb! Super job!
Thank you, Patti! The papers and embellishments are from Bella Blvd's "Alex" collection and is so fun to play with
I'm a big Bella fan and love Stephanie's lines.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Barb -did you cut the circles with a silhouette file?? And if so which one? I need to purchase it.

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

tammyfolk wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 pm Barb -did you cut the circles with a silhouette file?? And if so which one? I need to purchase it.
This what I did:

I used this design that I bought in the silhouette Design Store:

scallop circle journaling card
by Sarah Hurley
Design ID #29177

I opened the design in Silhouette. I highlight it and then hit "ungroup". I pulled the plain circle out of the frame. I offset the circle at .125 inch, then grouped the circle and offset circle to make a ring. I cut three of those rings, each at a different size and color, then laid them onto my background paper so they would overlap a bit at the top. Then I positioned the photo and other elements around the circles and glued it all down.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

BarbP wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:11 am
tammyfolk wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 pm Barb -did you cut the circles with a silhouette file?? And if so which one? I need to purchase it.
This what I did:

I used this design that I bought in the silhouette Design Store:

scallop circle journaling card
by Sarah Hurley
Design ID #29177

I opened the design in Silhouette. I highlight it and then hit "ungroup". I pulled the plain circle out of the frame. I offset the circle at .125 inch, then grouped the circle and offset circle to make a ring. I cut three of those rings, each at a different size and color, then laid them onto my background paper so they would overlap a bit at the top. Then I positioned the photo and other elements around the circles and glued it all down.
Thanks Barb - I will be trying this today.....hopefully since I scrap a smaller size it won't be too difficult! Thanks again!

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

It's pretty easy; I made my rings in three sizes; each size was 1/2 inch bigger or smaller than the others. I chose one common point where they all met, then staggered their positions until I liked the arrangement, then stuck them down.

Good luck and have fun!
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Great layout . Congrats

Return to “Soup of the Day”