Favorite TV Shows 8.09.17 - The Brady Bunch

Join us all month long as we enjoy a few of our Favorite TV Shows @ Cookin Up Creations. All challenges are based on our Favorite TV Shows....so grab your popcorn and settle in!
LoriS
Prep Cook

Favorite TV Shows 8.09.17 - The Brady Bunch

Post by LoriS » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Join us all month long in August as we post challenges based on our Favorite TV Shows from our childhood til now! Everyone is welcome to play along!! A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Wednesday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations. The prize will be a $10 Gift Certificate to their online store of choice.

Good morning everyone! Today's challenge is going to be based on The Brady Bunch. The first episode aired on September 26, 1969 - before I was even born! I'm not going to say it was my "favorite" show, but it is linked to a few fun memories for me. Every once in a great while when I was a kid, my parents would let us watch The Brady Bunch while we ate supper on a little 13 inch black and white tv that we had in the kitchen. It was only allowed to be on unless someone didn't finish their supper or if an accident happened - like spilled drinks. More often than not someone would knock over a glass of water and the tv would would be turned off - usually for a few days!

When I think of The Brady Bunch - the first thing that comes to mind is the grid with each person's picture in it in the opening song - which reminds me of a tic tac toe board. So my challenge to you is based off of this. You are going to have your choice:

Choice #1 - make a grid layout

Choice #2 - use the following tic tac toe board for your layout. Pick a row and make sure to include those items on your layout

The tic tac toe board is based off of this layout I made of my daughter and granddaughter. Everything on my layout is on the tic tac toe board with the exception of 2 different alphas. I used alpha stickers and a word stamp.

Have fun and I can't wait to see what you create!
Lori

Jan Mosier
Sous Chef

Re: Favorite TV Shows 8.09.17 - The Brady Bunch

Post by Jan Mosier » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Great challenge.....and I LOVE your layout!!!

Lolis
Station Chef

Post by Lolis » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Great challenge! Awesome layout! Loved your story! In my family, my sister Sandy would always spill her drink at the house or whenever we went out to eat. About two weeks ago two of my sisters and I, including our children and spouses, got together at a restaurant to celebrate my niece's birthday, guess who spilled her drink all over the table! Yes, Sandy, she is still doing it! :lol: :lol: :lol: The two of us couldn't stop laughing!

BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:52 pm

I chose the grid option. This is my oldest daughter with granddaughter Charleigh, who was a bit of a "surprise" but is greatly loved and cherished.

BARB PRENDERGAST

tammyfolk
Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:02 am

Great challenge Lori and great example!!
Tammy Folk

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

tammyfolk
Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:02 am

BarbP wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:52 pm
I chose the grid option. This is my oldest daughter with granddaughter Charleigh, who was a bit of a "surprise" but is greatly loved and cherished.

Super, super adorable Barb!!
Tammy Folk

Patti
Station Chef

Post by Patti » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:30 am

The base paper I used is a grid and I took the tic tac toe center row---white background, 1 picture, 2 different alphas
Patti

LoriS
Prep Cook

Post by LoriS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Lolis - love your story!
Barb and Patti- I love both of your takes on this challenge! Fantastic layouts!
Lori

tammyfolk
Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Members completing this challenge so far are:

Patti
Barb
Lori
Tammy Folk