January 2020 Chef of the Month - Patti

Each Month we recognize an Outstanding Member in the Cookin' Up Creations Scrapbooking Community. Will you be next?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

January 2020 Chef of the Month - Patti

Post by tammyfolk »

Cookin' Up Creations is pleased to announce that our "Chef of the Month" for January 2020 is our very own. . .Patti!

Patti is an Outstanding Member of the Cookin' up Creations community, and for that I wanted put the SPOTLIGHT on her this month!

Patti is very active within our small community here, and was one of the first members to rejoin when I brought the site back about 3 years ago . . Patti has shared numerous creations with us in the gallery, participated in several contests and challenges, and has always, always helped out whenever I needed her. :mrgreen: .....so please help me Congratulate Patti as our Chef of the Month for January 2020!

Bio:

Hey, y'all! My husband, Peter, and I are recent transplants to the great state of NC! We are the parents of 3 children (1 girl and 2 boys) and 2 amazing grandchildren (Tyler 12 and Paige 10), whom you have seen on most of my projects. We also have 2 dogs, Roscoe, a 13-year-old Australian Shepherd, who came with the house and Sparky a 2-year-old border collie, who needed a home. I am fortunate to be able to be a stay at home wife and volunteer in our community. My husband is the field electrician for World Medical Mission and gets to travel all over the world...not a bad retirement!

What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking?

The creative outlet and reliving the memories revealed in the pictures.

Any advice for the new scrappers out there?

Have fun. Every page you create is an amazing one because it is your memories and your creativity...an original work of art. Never compare your work to someone else but at the same time learn from your fellow scrappers.

Describe your style, your scrapping place, and your favorite products.

Not sure what my style is. Some days it's simple and other days I can't put enough layers and embellishments on it. I usually let the pictures determine the direction of the layout.

I have a new scrapping space in my new laundry room. It isn't as large as it used to be but I'm getting the laundry done faster. :lol: One wall is a 36" pantry cabinet for deep storage and one leg of a L shaped desk with upper cabinets on the same wall as the pantry cabinet. Above the other part of the L is a wall of windows letting in natural light and allowing me to see the dogs playing in the woods. Across from the pantry and desk are the washer, dryer and sink along with some base cabinets and upper cabinets along the entire wall. Plenty of storage and counter space to work at my computer or turn and work on a project. Across from the laundry are two 5 foot wide closets. One is used as a broom closet. In it are two banks of drawers that hold my tools for other types of craft projects. The other one is my paper closet where all my cardstock and patterned paper are organized on shelves. Under the shelves are totes with projects and memorabilia waiting to be put into albums....they have been waiting quite a while! This area of our house is referred to as "Patti's World"

Favorite products are Bella Blvd., Jillibean Soup, Fancy Pants, Tim Holtz, Simple Stories, Echo Park...I've never met a paper company I didn't find something I liked.

What and/or Who inspires you? Do you find that it changes? Where do you get your inspiration from?

My pictures are my inspiration. As a rule, I don't follow any on-line designers or process videos. Color is important to me so I try really hard to match my papers to the colors in my pictures as well as the emotion of the pictures.

I have a file on my computer that is my go-to when I am in a funk. It consists of random layouts that I like, sketches, and design team projects from the various paper companies. I scroll through them looking for the right one to highlight my pictures. If the original is from a paper company that I also own I may lift it just as is to save time....these are usually not posted in the gallery because they are a copy of an original.

Yes, my taste changes over the years and the evolution of the industry. I have tried different things and decided I didn't like them (stamping, card making, mini albums) or purchased a paper I just had to have to give it away later.

What do you do for a living?

I am retired!!!! Before that, I was an Interior Designer. Before that, I was an assistant manager at Archivers. Before that, I was an Interior Designer. Before that, I was a teacher.
Before that, I was a stay at home Mom. And finally, before that, I worked in donor processing for a Christian organization.

Describe your perfect day.

I have really thought hard about this one and I can't come up with just one perfect day. It could vary depending on my mood. One day it might be driving up to the mountains to have quiet reflecting time and another it might be surrounded with noisy active kids. I lean toward the theory is that every day is a perfect one when you are doing what you love or something for someone you love.

What's your favorite indulgence? Snack?

I LOVE really good french fries and anything caramel. When I am scrapping you will find me with a diet coke and chomping on red licorice.

What's one thing you would like to learn that is NOT scrapbook related?

Hhhmmm?

What's your favorite layout and why:

I don't have a favorite one. There are things I like about all of them and some things I dislike. I do have favorite people that make the pages of most of my projects so I will share one of them.

Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: January 2020 Chef of the Month - Patti

Post by Tracy F »

Congrats Patti! It's great to learn more about you!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Congratulations Patti!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

Congrats Patti!
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Congratulations! I love that your space is called Pattie's world. I'm thankful to know you and love all that you have taught me through your layouts and challenges!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Tamara wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:22 pm Congratulations! I love that your space is called Pattie's world. I'm thankful to know you and love all that you have taught me through your layouts and challenges!
Thank you and I am thankful to know you also and have benefited from your generosity over the years.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Congratulations Patti!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Petra Mutchler
Sous Chef

Post by Petra Mutchler »

Congrat Patti
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Beautiful LO, Patti and the "Patti's World" just makes me smile - congrats!!!

Return to “Chef of the Month”