September 2020 Chef of the Month - GinniG / Ginni Gass

Each Month we recognize an Outstanding Member in the Cookin' Up Creations Scrapbooking Community. Will you be next?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

September 2020 Chef of the Month - GinniG / Ginni Gass

Post by tammyfolk »

Cookin' Up Creations is pleased to announce that our "Chef of the Month" for September 2020 is our very own . . .Ginni Gass / GinniG!

Ginni has been a Member of the Cookin' up Creations community for just over three months now and quickly became a regular here! We all enjoy hearing about the adventures she's having in Alaska from the building of her new home (with a craft room), to the trips to town, the wildlife in the area, the shopping for supplies, and the prepping for the upcoming winter months!! She always finds time to check in with us, and gives us all words of encouragement, and nowadays that a very special quality in a person!! So thank you Ginni!!

Feel Free to follow Ginni's Advertures yourself . . . HERE

So ladies, please help me Congratulate Ginni as our Chef of the Month for September 2020!

What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking?

I love that it’s a way for me to mentally relax and to have something to share with my family when I’m done.

How did you get started?

My husband saw the DIY show with Sandy Genovese and he thought we looked alike so he watched it and told me about it. A few days later I had lunch with a friend who told me about a local store. The next time we were in the area my husband stopped in and I was INSTANTLY hooked! I saw a layout about a baby sleeping and we were expecting our first grandchild (and only granddaughter) and I signed up for the class. Turned out it was an intermediate class and I’d never even touched a trimmer! But the teacher was patient with me and stayed after and we’ve been friends ever since! That was about 20 years ago and I’ve never looked back!

Any advice for the new scrappers out there?

First, if you like it it’s GREAT! And remember, it’s ONLY paper!

Describe your style, your scrapping place, and your favorite products.

My style is all over the place. I like to try new things and play with sketches. Right now my scrapping place is the dining room set I inherited from my parents which is in the middle (literally) of our little cabin. But my husband is currently building us a new home and I’ll have a dedicated scrap room designed from the ground up! I can hardly wait! My favorite products… Papers … I LOVE textured cardstock. I love Echo Park, My Mind’s Eye, Carta Bella and Photo Play. I have a lot of males in my family (even the cat and dog are males!) so I often get frustrated with all the pretty frilly, flowery papers but I think there are some companies that are trying to change that a bit. Products… I absolutely LOVE Nuvo Drops, Stickles and Nuvo Expanding Mousse! I love glitter mists too. And Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies. Don’t have many of those yet though.

What Scrapbooking Company do YOU miss that is no longer around?

Basic Grey! I loved EVERYTHING they made and still have some of their papers.

What and/or Who inspires you? Do you find that it changes? Where do you get your inspiration from?

I love challenges. It gives me a place to start when I don’t know what to do. My inspiration right now is Allison Davis from Scrapbook Generation. She is AMAZING! She has two boys and does amazing pages and is so humble! She’s currently teaching a class on using 6x6 papers and I am LOVING it! She has made me expand my boundaries in ways I never knew were possible and I love that. I’m making pages that I love and I’m proud of myself for pushing so hard. She might even have me sewing which I absolutely hate but she makes it look so easy and good that I’m going to try soon!

What types of challenges do you find "challenge" you the most?

My favorite challenges are sketches. I like recipe and mood board challenges because they make me think hard.

What do/did you do for a living?

I was a secretary/administrative assistant for many years. I’m retired now and helping my husband build a homestead.

Describe your perfect day.

My perfect day… I’d wake up late and have some coffee and check Facebook and emails. Then I’d scrap for a few hours. The sun would be shining outside and I’d go for a walk. Then I’d scrap some more. Then DH would take me out to dinner and I’d end the day with a nice hot bath and curl up in front of the TV watching a really good murder mystery.

What's your favorite indulgence? Snack?

My favorite indulgence is anything chocolate! Snacks – I love Peanut M&Ms, Skittles, Sour Cream and Onion chips, all kinds of fruits and salads.

What's your current ringtone?

I need to change it because it’s just the generic Apple ringtone.

When you get in the car, what do you listen to?

Living so remotely I have to have CDs or my iTunes. We don’t have signal most of the way to town. My selections are as eclectic as my style. Everything from The Doors to Credence Clearwater Revival to Christian worship music!

What's one thing you would like to learn that is NOT scrapbook related?

I would like to learn more about gardening. And then about preserving what we harvest.

What's your favorite layout and why:

It's my favorite because I used some different techniques on it and I really like how it turned out. And I LOVE my "new" used car!

Congratulations again Ginni!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
chillycharlie20
In the Kitchen

Re: September 2020 Chef of the Month - GinniG / Ginni Gass

Post by chillycharlie20 »

congratulations Ginni! I always check in to see what you have been up to and how the building is coming along. Looking forward to seeing what your brand new scrap room is going to look like!
Cheryl
The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is attitude.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Congrats Ginni!! So happy you found us! Loving all you contribute here!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Thanks so much ladies! I'm glad I found this site too! I look forward to sharing more with you!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Congratulations Ginni. So glad to know more about you and love seeing your creations.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

Congrats!
--Danielle--
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Congratulations Ginni! So glad you joined here so I can continue to hear about what you've been up to!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Congratulations Ginni! I am following your Alaskan adventures! Thank you for always being positive and always having a word of encouragement!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

Congrats Ginni. Glad you joined us over here.
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Thanks so much ladies!!!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Chef of the Month”