Victoria Marie Designs Scrap Boss eNewsletter

Join us all month long in August as we post challenges that require us to use up our stash! We all have it, so why not finally use it - I challenge YOU!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Victoria Marie Designs Scrap Boss eNewsletter

Post by tammyfolk »

I received the newsletter today and thought this would be perfect to share with you guys (for those of you that didn't get it) - especially considering our theme this month!!

Creative Inspiration - Tips for Using Your Scraps and Scrappy Stash

Over the past few months, I have been inspired to use my paper scraps and items from my stash. While I love using new products, I like to challenge myself to use the materials that I have on hand to make a variety of crafting projects. If you are struggling to use your stash and paper scraps, try this:

Keep it Close: Try keeping a collection of items from your scrap stash close to your workspace and in view. You are more likely to use your scrap stash if your supplies are easily accessible. Out of sight, out of mind!

Coordinate Old with New: As you curate elements for your next scrapbooking project, consider coordinating items from your stash with new products. You will have the benefit of using newly purchased items and the satisfaction of getting a lot of utility from your stash.

Make Stash Kits: Make scrapbooking kits using only items from your stash. Set a goal to make 10-12 pre-made stash kits that you can use when you are ready to make a layout. HINT: Stash kits are great to take to crops and retreats!

Reach for Scraps First: Before cutting into a full sheet of 12x12 paper, consider using paper scraps for layout backgrounds, embellishments, or die cutting letter fonts and shapes.

Let's give ourselves permission to fall in love again with our paper scraps and product stash! Our scrappy materials are meant to be used!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: Victoria Marie Designs Scrap Boss eNewsletter

Post by sdwhru »

Thanks for sharing the newsletter; Victoria Marie is one of my favorites. Her scrapping is not so complicated that I feel overwhelmed or that I will never be able to do what she does
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Today is a scrappy day so I am going to try to use some of these practices! Thanks!
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I sooooooo need to do this! I had started the big task of purging and organizing my scrap stuff, but then stuff happened and I let it go. Maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby or Dollar Tree for containers to help keep things contained once I sort them out.

Return to “August 2019 - Bash YOUR Stash”