November 02 Challenge - Older by Three

Join us all month long, as we Fall Back (time change) this November. . . reflecting on the Scrapbooking Industry, and how it's changed over time.
Tracey
Prep Cook

November 02 Challenge - Older by Three

Post by Tracey »

Welcome to the first challenge for "Thanks for the Memories" and my first challenge here for Cookin' up Creations. This month we are giving thanks to those companies who are not around in our scrapping lives any more.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' Up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $10 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

*Any month that we have more than 50 completed layouts/creations, the prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate instead of $10.

For my challenge I have chosen to use one of my past favourite scrapbooking manufacturers...... Basic Grey. I first learned how to scrapbook with Basic Grey and was so sad when they pulled out of scrapbooking to concentrate on fabrics. However I have heard a rumour that they might be branching back to the paper world!!

For my challenge I have used three different lines from the Basic Grey ranges; I used Urban Prairie, Lemonade and Perhaps. For this challenge I want you to concentrate on using an older Manufacturer and three of their ranges or if you are all up to date with your scrapping or only use one company then you can use three ranges from one brand.

I apologize that the challenge is very late, I really have to work out the time difference.

Here is my sample for a little inspiration for you.

Greatgramof5
Prep Cook

Re: November 02 Challenge - Older by Three

Post by Greatgramof5 »

HI, Tracey! Welcome!
I belonged to a group in Australia some time ago. Ask Tammy what time zone she lives in (since she is the site owner) and Google asking the difference between her time zone and yours.

AWESOME challenge and great example. I'm in full agreement with you about Basic Grey being a very cool manufacturer. I still have some pp of theirs. I've been anxious to get started on the 1st challenge of November. Good job! Hope to see. more of your work and share with you.
8-) Karen
Greatgramof5
Prep Cook

Post by Greatgramof5 »

I forgot to ask...my daughter does digital. Would she just be playing by using the same alternative choice of those who have no Basic Grey?
8-) Karen
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Greatgramof5 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:23 pm I forgot to ask...my daughter does digital. Would she just be playing by using the same alternative choice of those who have no Basic Grey?
yes Karen - the goal is to get pages scrapped . . . not sure how to tell her to go about it though as I'm not a digital scrapper. . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
meterr
In the Kitchen

Post by meterr »

I do digi and there are a few digital designers that have retired and one lady whose kits I loved that sadly died so I can no longer use her kits in my digital group. I did use Basic Gray when I paper scrapped but I gave mom all my paper stuff.
:geek: Terri
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

Great challenge! BG had so many good lines.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tracy love your challenge! I was going to use basic grey too 😉 so now I'll just make up my challenge and post it here. It is true basic grey is coming back I know the girl that works for the printing company that you use and they've already submitted some to get them started 🤓🤗😊
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

meterr wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:25 am I do digi and there are a few digital designers that have retired and one lady whose kits I loved that sadly died so I can no longer use her kits in my digital group. I did use Basic Gray when I paper scrapped but I gave mom all my paper stuff.
I'm sorry about your digital designer friend . . .

Terri, I think if you want to play along this month, then maybe use 3 - 4 different patterns per page. Work for you!?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

I used DCWV Glitzy Glitter Cardstock Stack, The Shimmer Stack and Harvest Gathering Stack.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Melody
Prep Cook

Post by Melody »

I used DCWV The Stack 5, The Floral Stack and The Variety Stack.

ImageImageImage

Return to “November 2019 Fall Back - Thanks for the Memories”