2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Barb....

Post by tammyfolk »

Was wondering that myself.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Thank you for asking! The urologist removed two small tumors; they proved to be cancerous but were considered low-risk. She will have to go in every 3 months for a cystoscopy for the next two years. If there has been no problem after 2 years, then she will have to go in once a year. She recovered pretty well; there was some bleeding for the first 3 or 4 days but not much pain. We did get a bit of a scare this afternoon; there was blood in her urine (enough to turn it the color of merlot wine) and a clot about the size of a quarter. She said there was no pain. I tried calling the urologist, as well as her primary doc to ask if this was a cause for concern, but was unable to reach either. Then I remembered my older daughter is "the queen of poop and pee" (she's a nurse supervisor in Mayo's urology program). She told me it most likely was fine -- probably just a bit of tissue sluffing off -- but to call the doctor if it gets worse or painful. There was some blood at bedtime, but much less color and volume. She's little but she's tough!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

BarbP wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:22 am Thank you for asking! The urologist removed two small tumors; they proved to be cancerous but were considered low-risk. She will have to go in every 3 months for a cystoscopy for the next two years. If there has been no problem after 2 years, then she will have to go in once a year. She recovered pretty well; there was some bleeding for the first 3 or 4 days but not much pain. We did get a bit of a scare this afternoon; there was blood in her urine (enough to turn it the color of merlot wine) and a clot about the size of a quarter. She said there was no pain. I tried calling the urologist, as well as her primary doc to ask if this was a cause for concern, but was unable to reach either. Then I remembered my older daughter is "the queen of poop and pee" (she's a nurse supervisor in Mayo's urology program). She told me it most likely was fine -- probably just a bit of tissue sluffing off -- but to call the doctor if it gets worse or painful. There was some blood at bedtime, but much less color and volume. She's little but she's tough!
So glad to hear she is on the road to recovery!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I passed your good wishes on to her; she was happy that you were thinking of her. :D She still has some bleeding today, which upset her. (She was afraid she would have to go to the ER, which is scary for her) I talked to the nurse at her urologist's office today, who said the same thing Heather told me -- it's a normal process. We're pushing her to drink lots of water to help everything go along.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Glad o hear it is good news. Will continue praying for all of you.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

sooo glad to here that she's doing etter!! Definitely keep us posted!!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Thanks for the update Barb. Glad to read she is on the mend.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Glad she is on the mend and doing okay; no pain is great news

Return to “Daily Chatter”