9-11-2019 Challenge: Something NEW

Join us all month long as we focus on FOOD! All challenges will be food inspired! We'll continue with the "use your stash" theme, but focus on what you're eating (the food itself), where you're getting it from (places, logo based, color schemed, etc), and how to make it (recipe challenges). So many "food" ideas open to your interpretation! So, what are YOU hungry for?
Beth
Sous Chef

9-11-2019 Challenge: Something NEW

Post by Beth »

I do not know about you but I am always looking for SOMETHING NEW to cook for supper. I love trying new recipes. This is a FIRST for me. I used reinkers to drip down the page under the hearts. Your challenge today is to TRY something NEW to you on you LO, cards, or a totally NEW TO YOU project. I did use Old reinkers and paper. Have fun! Cannot wait to see your creations.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Wednesday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $10 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

*any month that we have more than 50 completed layouts/creations, the prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate instead of $10.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: 9-11-2019 Challenge: Something NEW

Post by tammyfolk »

What a great idea Beth!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Greatgramof5
Prep Cook

Post by Greatgramof5 »

Awesome, Beth! Your LO looks so cool. This was an idea that I would never have thought of. My "new" ideas usually are big boo boo's that have been covered up. lol. Great idea for a challenge. There are a couple techniques that I would like to try.
8-) Karen
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Great challenge.......love your layout!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Not really sure how I got to where this ended up. I wanted to do a canvas to put over the bed in one of our guest rooms but didn't want it to be a solid background. I sprayed the canvas with a teal mist, then added some rose mist along the edges....didn't like it. Next, I took grey distress ink and inked the whole thing. Ugly! So ugly I decided to try to wash it all off. As I went to wash it, water dripped on it causing the ink to pool so I grabbed a paper towel and blotted it. I liked what I was seeing so I misted the whole thing with water and blotted it creating the depth of the night sky and a hundred million stars shinning or a piece of granite or whatever your imagination wants it to be. The rose and teal mists peeked out adding a little color. I cut the verse on my cameo. The vinyl did not want to stick so I flipped it over to the back side and ironed it and the vinyl adhesive melted into the canvas and is holding firmly. I'm pleased with the way it turned out and it looks great in the room. I could never recreate this! :lol:
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

You can tell my husband is out of town! I'm making messes and don't sleep!

On this one, I die cut the sun and rather than use the letters to make up the words I used the negative and filled it in with glossy accents to give it some texture and shine. The words are slightly taller than the paper for some dimension.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

Thanks for playing along. Love the canvas!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

So I played in my room today. I put drops of the inkers onto watercolor. Folded two sheets together , then opened it up and sprayed water on the then held it up and let it run. I waited till they were dry then punched out the leaves to add to my page.
drops 9.13.19.jpg
drops 9.13.19.jpg (27.28 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
inkers 9.13.19.jpg
inkers 9.13.19.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
I love the finished product!
fall 9.13.19.jpg
fall 9.13.19.jpg (63.81 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

For some reason it wouldn't let me add the fourth file. This is the paper after I played with it before I punched out the leaves.
watercolor 9.13.19.jpg
watercolor 9.13.19.jpg (48.33 KiB) Viewed 4885 times
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Patti wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:37 pm
Not really sure how I got to where this ended up. I wanted to do a canvas to put over the bed in one of our guest rooms but didn't want it to be a solid background. I sprayed the canvas with a teal mist, then added some rose mist along the edges....didn't like it. Next, I took grey distress ink and inked the whole thing. Ugly! So ugly I decided to try to wash it all off. As I went to wash it, water dripped on it causing the ink to pool so I grabbed a paper towel and blotted it. I liked what I was seeing so I misted the whole thing with water and blotted it creating the depth of the night sky and a hundred million stars shinning or a piece of granite or whatever your imagination wants it to be. The rose and teal mists peeked out adding a little color. I cut the verse on my cameo. The vinyl did not want to stick so I flipped it over to the back side and ironed it and the vinyl adhesive melted into the canvas and is holding firmly. I'm pleased with the way it turned out and it looks great in the room. I could never recreate this! :lol:
looks great

Return to “September 2019 - What Are YOU Hungry For?”