Random QOTD 10.12.19

Tamara
Challenge Team

Random QOTD 10.12.19

Post by Tamara »

Have you ever received a panic call about a loved one in an accident?

We have been fortunate not to have had to deal with this as our teenage drivers grew up and married. We had the scary call last night when our son was hit by a man who fell asleep going 45 mph. He was stopped at a stop sign and the impact pinned him in and shot the truck across the road. Our three grandkids were with him. So lucky that they were not injured. My son is bruised and really sore but no broken bones. Some angel girls stopped to get the boys and stayed with them by the road until they put them in the ambulance. and stayed in the ambulance with them and were holding them when we arrived on scene. Two of the three girls were nannys.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: RQOTD 10.12.19

Post by tammyfolk »

YES!! It's the most devastating thing imaginable. One accident and 2 other calls that "could have been" - one just recently where Shawn and a co-worker were coming home from a football game, and his co-worker passed out at the wheel.

And the other was a little over a year ago when G called me during the middle of the night. The call started with a "Don't panic but, can you . . . .". Apparently he had packed a few things, written a few goodbye letters and walked to the next town over (technically it was only a couple of miles), climbed up on a roof of a church, well, you can guess where that was going.

And then right before Christmas I get the call from school that I needed to pick G up from school, and I had learned some of the things he had said about ending his life (with a specific date) and what not. . . .and he was admitted that night. Depression is awful!! But luckily we were able to figure out Gs issues, get the headaches under control and move forward! Crossing my fingers that's all behind us now! He assures me it is, that he's doing well, and has even joined the Suicide Prevention Awareness Club at school!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Tamara wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:07 pm Have you ever received a panic call about a loved one in an accident?

We have been fortunate not to have had to deal with this as our teenage drivers grew up and married. We had the scary call last night when our son was hit by a man who fell asleep going 45 mph. He was stopped at a stop sign and the impact pinned him in and shot the truck across the road. Our three grandkids were with him. So lucky that they were not injured. My son is bruised and really sore but no broken bones. Some angel girls stopped to get the boys and stayed with them by the road until they put them in the ambulance. and stayed in the ambulance with them and were holding them when we arrived on scene. Two of the three girls were nannys.
I'm soooooo glad that everyone only had minor injuries! It could have been so much worse! Hugs Tamara!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Not a panic call but DH was rear ended at work early in the year to where the truck that hit him got stuck on the truck hitch. About 10 years ago he and his daughter was side swiped to where I had to go pick them up as there was no driving the truck
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

oh, yes. As teenagers, my kids called a few times...usually minor car things but my oldest son did manage to total my car one time. Part of life I guess. With DH's job there is always the possibility of kidnap and terrorists but they trained him for how to deal with it so I'm good.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Random QOTD 10.12.19

Post by Tracy F »

WOW Tamara, that must have been so scary! So glad everyone's okay.
Luckily, I've never experienced anything like that. The closest I've ever been was when my husband called me on his way home from work and said he wasn't feeling well so don't cook dinner. By the time I saw him he was gray so I rushed him to the ER and he was having a heart attack. Thankfully it was a minor one but he still needed surgery.
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

Oh no, I’m glad no one was seriously injured.
Greatgramof5
Prep Cook

Post by Greatgramof5 »

No real accidents but someone going to ER or jail has become common enough. Might as well be major accident notification because the stress is just as bad.
8-) Karen
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

No, thank goodness!

Return to “Question of the Day”