November 09 Challenge - Old You

Join us all month long, as we Fall Back (time change) this November. . . reflecting on the Scrapbooking Industry, and how it's changed over time.
Tracey
Prep Cook

November 09 Challenge - Old You

Post by Tracey »

Scrapbooking is all about the memories and for this challenge, we challenge you to scrap a photo of .... YOU!! Now I hear you groaning as we tend to scrap everyone and everything around us.... but now it's time for you.

In my sample layout that is me in my Dad's arms.... I'm not going to tell you how many years ago, but it is old.

I have used the papers from a company who is no longer around, Little Yellow Bicycle. I loved their baby range, called Baby Safari that I have hoarded lots of it.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' Up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $10 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

*Any month that we have more than 50 completed layouts/creations, the prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate instead of $10.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Attachments
Picture_20191109_201948535.png
Picture_20191109_201948535.png (190.82 KiB) Viewed 4903 times
Greatgramof5
Prep Cook

Re: November 09 Challenge - Old You

Post by Greatgramof5 »

AWESOME challenge, Tracey! I LOVE your example page! I don't think that I have any Little Yellow Bicycle left any more but I'll look. I'm sure to find another collection that will work as well.

I really love this paper! I'm so disappointed that I was in a "boy" phase working on my youngest grandsons One Year album around the time this paper was popular. I can't imagine how I missed anything so adorable.
8-) Karen
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Adorable page! Excellent challenge!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Awesome challenge! Love the old pic of you. I think I have a couple sheets of little yellow bicycle. IT helps that I pulled some old stuff and now it is in a pile for when these challenges come up. Thanks for the challenge!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Beautiful page and great challenge! Not sure I have any LYB papers but I have lots of other old stuff.
Tracey
Prep Cook

Post by Tracey »

Greatgramof5 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:54 am AWESOME challenge, Tracey! I LOVE your example page! I don't think that I have any Little Yellow Bicycle left any more but I'll look. I'm sure to find another collection that will work as well.

I really love this paper! I'm so disappointed that I was in a "boy" phase working on my youngest grandsons One Year album around the time this paper was popular. I can't imagine how I missed anything so adorable.
It is a lovely rannge, I'm pretty sure it came in boy colours too. I'm sure you will find something to use.
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

Adorable!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Oh my! you really got me to go way back! :lol: I only had two pieces of Yellow Bicycle paper. It happened to be a page of lockers and a page of words. So I dug clear back to High School and I couldn't get the picture to print smaller so I just went with the graduation one.
MVIMG_20191110_105247_1~2.jpg
MVIMG_20191110_105247_1~2.jpg (34.54 KiB) Viewed 4876 times
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Great page Tamara! I graduated in '75 also
Tracey
Prep Cook

Post by Tracey »

Tamara wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:18 pm Oh my! you really got me to go way back! :lol: I only had two pieces of Yellow Bicycle paper. It happened to be a page of lockers and a page of words. So I dug clear back to High School and I couldn't get the picture to print smaller so I just went with the graduation one.

MVIMG_20191110_105247_1~2.jpg
Awesome work. Love this paper... I need it.

Return to “November 2019 Fall Back - Thanks for the Memories”