Saturday 8/29

scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Re: Saturday 8/29

Post by scrlvr78 »

Farm, hung with Mom, watched my Bucks and parts of Harry Potter, have my Brewers on, can't decide what to do after I'm done online.
--Danielle--
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Oh my! Got a new phone but it won't arrive until Monday. I wasn't willing to pick a different color because they didn't have it at the store. It is freaking like buying a new car and since it cost so much I want the color I want!!!! I got the iphone 11 pro which is suppose to have an amazing camera so we will see. DH says we need to go on another trip so I can try it out but dang it! we don't dare stay in a hotel yet so its day trips for now.
I spent the afternoon deleting emails. Every time I thought I was done they kept appearing. DH stepped in and I had 11,000 left in my inbox that I thought was empty. No wonders I kept getting a message every day for the last four days that my email was almost at full capacity. I would delete 1000 messages and so on. Well now that we realized I still had emails from 2013 we got a handle on it. My computer space is looking good already. I also had some folders with stuff I didn't need like the clue challenges back when we did it years ago here. What a mess! I've also spent the entire afternoon searching for sports pics of which I have none printed. So this challenge isn't getting finished today. :mrgreen: I'm ready to hit the theatre room for some Rizzolli and Isles or Ally McBeal they are both fun shows that have entertained us during the reruns on TV :D
Have a great night!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Went for a day trip and floated the Washita River. It was fun and really was a good day to do with it being 100 degrees here. Then went and ate at a little cafe afterwards; it took 4 hours to complete. I thought I got everything covered with sunscreen but I have a few places that are red. Thank goodness for Aloe Vera.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Lolis, YAY for visiting kids! :)
Wendy, sounds like things are finally calming down for you! YAY!
Tamara, I hope you like your new phone! I have to clean out my emails too. HATE doing that!
Becca, was it white water or just a lazy river? If you're really sunburned and it's stinging put some vinegar on it. Hurts bad at first but takes all the sting out. Then put a good moisturizing lotion on it. :)

We had another goose adventure today too. Those things are such voracious eaters that they'd already run out of food in their big enclosure and were getting out looking for grass. So Steve got the fence from where we'd moved them to originally and put it up around the pond directly in front of the cabin. We managed to get ONE in there but none of the others would come out of that enclosure no matter what we did! Finally Steve had to get the big fishing net on the long pole and catch them one by one... He'd gotten 2 when he managed to get Peep. Poor Peep! He was trying to get Peep out of the net and there were 2 other geese within inches of Steve - one in the front and one behind - and they were HISSING at him like crazy! The one behind must have been Tyrus because it came REALLY close to "goosing" Steve a couple of times. So Steve started carrying Peep over to the gate and bridge but the other 2 weren't following. Peep would get quiet after a few seconds so they'd just go back to whatever and wouldn't follow him. So Steve would say "Peep make some noise" and he'd move him a bit and Peep would start peeping and they'd start squawking and running to him. But they wouldn' come near the gate at all. I finally gave up and went inside. Steve finally sat down on the porch and waited for the other 2 to realize that Peep and the other 3 were in the other location and finally followed them in. He said that one literally flapped its wings and basically walked up the squares of the fence. The other one went head first, flipped over like a complete somersault and its head was still stuck in the fence! It managed to get out before Steve got to it but he was amazed it didn't break its neck! My silly geese!

But they LOVE their new spot! LOTS of tall grass and more wheat. They're so happy they were all laying down and reaching around them to eat the grass or wheat tops! They have to stretch their necks to reach the seed part at the top and it's pretty funny. But they like their new place. This is where we'll keep them for the winter because we have a bubbler in that pond to keep it from freezing, it's closer to the cabin and we just think it will be better. Steve will build them a wooden shelter for the winter when it's too cold. He's doubtful they'll use it much but Sandra and I agree that they need it. :) And they have lots of tree shelter too. At some point he's going to hook up the electricity to it as well. We don't need them getting loose and going down into the swampy area! :) Or anything coming in after them...

I haven't done any scrapping for days. Just haven't felt up to it.

Okay. It's getting late and I need to try to sleep soon. Going to sleep after 2 AM every night means I've been missing the little bit of sunlight we've been getting in the mornings! So I want to try to get up around 9 in the morning. :) We'll see if I can manage it. It's been so rainy and sometimes stormy this summer that I want to soak up as much sunshine as I can! Supposed to get another 2-4 inches between now and Wednesday morning!!! According to the paper it's Ketchikan's 4th wettest summer EVER! Which means we're probably in that bracket too but there's no reliable weather in our town/community so we have to go by what's closest... We're ALL tired of the rain though!

I hope you're all doing well! Have a fabulous Sunday!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

sdwhru wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:15 pm I thought I got everything covered with sunscreen but I have a few places that are red. Thank goodness for Aloe Vera.
Put vinegar on! It takes the sting out quicker.
--Danielle--
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

GinniG wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:05 am Okay. It's getting late and I need to try to sleep soon. Going to sleep after 2 AM every night means I've been missing the little bit of sunlight we've been getting in the mornings! So I want to try to get up around 9 in the morning. :) We'll see if I can manage it. It's been so rainy and sometimes stormy this summer that I want to soak up as much sunshine as I can! Supposed to get another 2-4 inches between now and Wednesday morning!!! According to the paper it's Ketchikan's 4th wettest summer EVER! Which means we're probably in that bracket too but there's no reliable weather in our town/community so we have to go by what's closest... We're ALL tired of the rain though!
Ugh, we could use some rain....like day or so of soaking rain. Our grass is getting brown....and our farm needs some water!
--Danielle--
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Tamara wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:02 pm Oh my! Got a new phone but it won't arrive until Monday. I wasn't willing to pick a different color because they didn't have it at the store. It is freaking like buying a new car and since it cost so much I want the color I want!!!! I got the iphone 11 pro which is suppose to have an amazing camera so we will see.
That's what I have and it absolutely DOES!! I love my phone, and the portrait feature . . ..
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

scrlvr78 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:31 pm
sdwhru wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:15 pm I thought I got everything covered with sunscreen but I have a few places that are red. Thank goodness for Aloe Vera.
Put vinegar on! It takes the sting out quicker.
Thanks; I will have to remember that
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

scrlvr78 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:32 pm
GinniG wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:05 am Okay. It's getting late and I need to try to sleep soon. Going to sleep after 2 AM every night means I've been missing the little bit of sunlight we've been getting in the mornings! So I want to try to get up around 9 in the morning. :) We'll see if I can manage it. It's been so rainy and sometimes stormy this summer that I want to soak up as much sunshine as I can! Supposed to get another 2-4 inches between now and Wednesday morning!!! According to the paper it's Ketchikan's 4th wettest summer EVER! Which means we're probably in that bracket too but there's no reliable weather in our town/community so we have to go by what's closest... We're ALL tired of the rain though!
Ugh, we could use some rain....like day or so of soaking rain. Our grass is getting brown....and our farm needs some water!
Danielle, I'll try to send some your way! We've been drenched for months! Our poor new rhubarb plant produced two thin little stalks about 6" tall and about 1/2" wide. That was IT! No tomatoes, no nothing! :( Even my bulbs didn't come up. It was a bad gardening year.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”