September Cut File Challenge - Wonky Wheels

Cookin’ up Creations has partnered with Ashley Horton @ the Cut Shoppe to bring you an exclusive monthly cut file & challenge.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

September Cut File Challenge - Wonky Wheels

Post by tammyfolk »

Welcome to the Cookin’ up Creations’ NEW monthly Cut File Challenge.

Cookin’ up Creations has partnered with Ashley Horton @ the Cut Shoppe to bring you an exclusive monthly cut file.

Each month our Cut File Challenge will be posted on the second (2nd) Tuesday of every month, but since I'm off TODAY, and this is our first one - I thought I'd go ahead and post it!!

All participants have until the last day of each month at 6:00 pm EST ( approx 2-1/2 weeks) to upload their creations into the Cookin’ up Creations gallery, and then link it back to this specific challenge thread. *uploading in the CUC gallery is going to be mandatory, and a New Album will be created each month to load your creations into.

This months theme is “Round and Round it Goes . . .” and this exclusive cut file goes absolutely perfect with our theme challenges this month!! The Wonky Wheels cut file can be found here to the links on Box. This includes svg, png and dxf (depending on your cutting machine).

I have asked Jan and Lolis to create examples to share with you using the above cut file and this is their creations!

Thank you ladies for sharing your work with us!!

Jan's Creation

. . . (per Jan) Here’s another layout of my great grand Kian sitting in his car seat heading on another daily adventure with his mom. Kian lives in Virginia with his parents so I don’t get to see him that often. Thankfully, his mom is good about posting lots of photos on social media. The cut file this month, wonky wheels was perfect for this photo. It made the entire layout come together very easily. I decided to back the wheels with patterned paper to give it that extra pop against the blue cardstock.

Lolis's Creation

. . . (per Lolis) When I saw the cut file, right away I thought of these pictures of myr son Jorgie building his computer. He has colorful lights coming out of the tower - where Master Chief is housed.

Please be sure to stop by the Cut Shoppe Store and check out the other cut files that Ashley has to offer.

This ongoing challenge will provide a new exclusive cut file each month PLUS a random winner will be selected to receive a $5 gift certificate from the Cut Shoppe Store. *Please note that the ongoing monthly challenges cannot be combined with our regular monthly themed challenges.

Enjoy & Happy Scrappin’
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Re: September Cut File Challenge - Wonky Wheels

Post by Ural »

Sounds like fun, but I do not have the proper equipment to do these challenges. My cricut is just like me--too old.
ImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Such a fun cut file, and it cut so well!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Super layouts Jan and Lolis!
Love the cut file!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

hoping to figure out cut files before the end of the month!! I got as far as downloading it! LOL
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Jan and Lolis: great pages made with the cut files
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

When I saw this file it reminded me of looking down into my granddaughter's cup of rolled ice cream so I thought it would be perfect with this photo of her waiting for them to make her ice cream.

I know I'm supposed to enter this into the Cut File album in the gallery but I couldn't figure out how to do that.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

It's hard to see but I cut the file out of silver glitter paper to give the effect of the lights on the ferris wheel and around the park. It glitters so much more than the picture shows. I did an offset to cut a second layer slightly larger out of the blue to give it some depth on the background paper. Can't you just feel yourself going around and around on all the little ferris wheels?

Like Tracy, I could not load into the album for the cut files.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I love these layouts ladies . . .

I am moving all the layouts manually (it's easy) until I can figure out the issue . . .sorry :oops:

I've cut my file out in black but haven't quite decided where I'm going with it just yet . . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Tracy and patti. great job girls :D
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Monthly Cut File Challenge (2nd Tuesday)”