Tuesday 10/20

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Tuesday 10/20

Post by Jan Mosier »

Wendy, glad to have you back!
Stephanie, with 12 dogs I never know what I'm going to wake up to. Hope the dog is better and your daughters PT went well.
Tammy, hope your FIL is better this morning.
Ginni, yay for the new drugs! Hope they work for your asthma!

Good morning everyone.......what's on your plate today?

The dogs are all fed, including JoJo. She is always the last one. :roll: She sleeps in until all the other dogs have been out and fed before she jumps off the bed and beckons for me to open the hall gate. Then she prances to the kitchen for her breakfast, she is a prima donna for sure.

It's Tuesday, (senior day) so I will be hitting the GW to see what treasures I can find for my fall and Christmas decorating and Kyle's ebay store. The last couple of weeks have proved profitable for him, (fingers crossed) today will too. I also need to stop in Lowe's to pick up a quart of paint and maybe HL to see what their Christmas selection looks like.

Happy Tuesday ladies!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 10/20

Post by tammyfolk »

Sitting at work - taking a break for a few minutes. Just finished my reminder phone calls for tomorrow and ran to the bathroom (thank you lasix).

If the weather holds out we’ll be going to the pumpkin patch this afternoon after work. We were going to go yesterday but it was rainy and nasty. If we don’t go tonight, then I’ll probably spend my evening in my scrap room again.

Haven’t heard anything about my FIL yet, but Shawn is at work and I haven’t heard from him yet either this morning.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

12 dogs!! oh my. I have 2 but when the grand dogs come over there are 6 and that's a handful

I went to vote this morning. no wait at all!
Going to pick up truck from shop and work the pumpkin patch this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Just heard from Shawn - “ Dad said he needs some kind of heart scope to make sure the infection is not in his heart”

So he’ll be leaving work shortly after lunch to take his mom out to the hospital.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

So sorry Tammy! Hope they figure it out soon. We'll be thinking of Shawns' dad today.
sewed the entire day yesterday and got a lot done. Today I will be scrapping some and getting the kid activities ready for this weekend. Haven't tended the grands at all this year. Can't wait to get a lot of lovin on Jett. His mom won't be here to keep him on her lap so I really think he will follow his brothers around and love it! He is 19 months old now so he has a lot of hugging to make up to me for his whole life :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hope your day is great!
Happy Tuesday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Tammy, I hope your FIL gets some good news.

Went for another hot and humid walk today. I don't think it's ever gonna cool down! Looks like a cloudy dreary day with rain this afternoon. Dh is going out for a haircut and run some errands so I'll have a couple hours to myself. Planning on cleaning the bathrooms and then heading into my scraproom.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Last night my daughter and I were on a crafting rampage. I finished my Oct 30 project for CUC while she was busily creating coasters out of mini pallets I got at the Dollar Tree and ceramic tiles from Home Depot. It was so nice having her crafting next to me, talking about life, watching Elf (yes, we watched a Christmas movie in October), and doing what we love. It's been a long time since she's left her room to do something. Now that her pain as subsided some, she's able to do more downstairs out of her bed. And then I woke up this AM with a massive migraine. And a daughter in desperate want of more craft supplies because she had so much fun last night...So went to as many Dollar Trees as a I could to get her more of her little pallets, Hobby Lobby for paper, and finally back home to get much needed Advil and a heating pad on my head. Gotta love the weather change! Hoping I knocked this bad boy out!
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I was cleared to go back to work tomorrow! I never thought I would be so excited about it! I just miss the structured days. Trying to work from home is just a disaster. Not having the files I need or scanner/ copier that can do large files is quite difficult.

I can't wait to get some normalcy in my days!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Wendy wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:34 pm I was cleared to go back to work tomorrow! I never thought I would be so excited about it! I just miss the structured days. Trying to work from home is just a disaster. Not having the files I need or scanner/ copier that can do large files is quite difficult.

I can't wait to get some normalcy in my days!
Wendy that is how DH feels although he can work from home sometimes and I fix him a good lunch, he has a hard time separating work and home and actually misses the office. I am good with whatever, it's easier for me when he doesn't work from home but I don't really mind it. IF that makes any sense! haha
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Makes perfect sense Tamara! Enjoy the grands!!!
Wendy, glad you're feeling better and cleared to go back to work! :)
Stephanie, sounds like your daughter is feeling much better and had a good time with you last night. Hope your migraine is GONE!
Tammy, praying your FIL gets answers soon! And that life calms down for you soon too!

Went to town this morning to pick up a couple of packages and some goose food. Steve drove in but I had to drive back. He way overdid things. :( He also went out this morning and fed the geese so I could sleep in again. He's finding that you have to be very careful when you start to heal... Anyway, he treated me to lunch at our favorite place which was really nice. First time we've eaten IN a restaurant since the whole virus thing started! Even though we've only had 11 total cases on our whole island, with my health issues I just didn't feel comfortable taking a chance while the fishing fleet was in town. Now they're gone and it's just locals. Even got to see a couple of friends briefly which was nice too. :)

We got a new microwave on Amazon. Ours is old and we got it used so we figured we deserved a new one. Come to find out if you have Alexa or an Echo you can connect them and talk to your microwave. Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous?! You have to put things in and take them out so what good is it to talk to it? Just seems pretty stupid to me but then we don't like having things listen to us like that so we've never activated the Alexa feature on our firestick.

We've been invited to a gender reveal on Sunday. Never been invited to one before and have NO CLUE what to expect except that somehow they'll reveal the gender of the baby they're expecting. Do we take a gift or a card or anything? I'm baffled! :) I'm not sure we'll be able to go anyway with Steve in his condition so I told them maybe but we'll see how it goes...

Didn't accomplish much today. Got home and I was exhausted so I laid down and slept all afternoon! Woke up and went out to feed the geese which meant pulling a 50 lb bag of grain out of the car (thankfully we can park right next to the can we store it in) and then getting it opened so I can feed them. They were quite loud in telling me they'd been waiting all day for their food. :) I'd gotten them cracked corn before and ran out so we had pellets that they LOVED last winter. But we've spoiled them so badly that they just want the corn now. :) Thankfully they loved the grain mixture today. All 6 were fighting over who could get to the bucket so I found another one and gave them more. :) Man they can make a racket! LOL!

Youngest stepson will be on the ferry Thursday afternoon so that's good. Hopefully he'll be able to help us some. And the missionaries called and asked if we needed more help so they're coming Friday afternoon! With Mike here they can really get a few things accomplished! YAY! And they won't even take a donation to their church either. Maybe I'll feel well enough to send some cookies back with them. :)

Looking like the week will end up being productive which will be nice. It's supposed to be cold the next few nights. One night it's going down to 29 so we need to make sure we've got things ready for a freeze. NOT ready for full on winter to be here yet! LOTS of snow on the highest mountains but not on the ones near us. Whew! :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”