Thanksgiving and COVID

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Thanksgiving and COVID

Post by Jan Mosier »

Are you planning a family gathering this year?

It's only me so I'm going to risk it and go to my sisters again this Thanksgiving, provided no one is sick. We have a very small family, it's usually just my parents, my sister, myself and nieces.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Thanksgiving and COVID

Post by Tracy F »

We don't have any family close by any more but the past few years there has been a bunch of neighbors that have gotten together for Thanksgiving. We all bring a dish and spend the afternoon eating and just being thankful for all our new friends who have become like family. I doubt we will be doing that this year though. So I guess it'll just be the two of us. Our restaurant is doing a take out dinner that I was hoping to get but dh won't eat half of it and they aren't even offering any pumpkin pie so I guess I'll be cooking....at least we'll have leftovers for turkey sandwiches!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

DH wanted to cancel it because this year is our turn. Not only for Covid but because he doesn't want kids fighting. I am slowly talking him into letting us just have it and they can decide if they want to come and be nice. Otherwise he thought we could do a dinner dropoff to their houses but honestly that would be more expensive and hard work for me! There are only 11 of us counting the baby.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

We are still trying to figure this out...We have talked about going to the Outer Banks this year for Thanksgiving. I'm not sure it's going to happen, but all of us need some Vitamin Sea, the rentals aren't as expensive in November, and it might be a pleasant change of pace during this crazy year. Hoping it works out...
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

We haven't even talked about it yet. This year we are supposed to be with my in-laws. But my FIL is 90, and we are not sure we want to take any kind of risk.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Normally our oldest son comes over with one of his two sons the day after Thanksgiving and they stay till Sunday morning. The guys go hunting on Saturday while I cook and we have a big meal when they come back. But both of his sons are higher risk for the virus and Mom is VERY afraid. So I don't know if they'll make it over or not. Might just be Steve and I this year. :( I really hope they come. We haven't seen them all year. :(
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

We have no family in the area so i is just us but in the past, another family has invited us over for dinner. If that doesn't happen I think we may just go to Cracker Barrel and enjoy their Thanksgiving dinner rather than cook it all myself.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

we are doing our normal thing and going to my hubby's cousins house and then do our annual Thanksgiving camping trip afterwards. no changes for us.
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Yes, we are having our normal Thanksgiving get together with our immediate family at our house. We've all been together anyway and today we're having oldest grandson Brady's birthday party which everyone will be at. :)
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

we usually have a big family thanksgiving with great aunts, great uncles, and all our cousins etc. About 60 people. I am doubtful we will do that. we also usually go to visit my husband's cousins and have dessert with tem in the later evening, but they invite people we do not know so well so that is out also. So it will probably just be my mom and my family. maybe my brother's family, but they usually go to his wife's parents.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”