FRIDAY CHALLENGE 10.23.20

Join us all month long in October as we focus on using a Paper Pad or two in your stash! Lots of fun challenges ahead, so grab your Paper Pad and supplies and prepare to BASH THAT PAD!
Tamara
Challenge Team

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 10.23.20

Post by Tamara »

During the month of October - Cookin' up Creations is going to be doing a bit of "PAPER PAD BASHING" - So grab your favorite 6x6, 8x8 or 12x12 paper pad and join us in a month of Pad Bashing.

This month we'll be using sketches, and lifting several different layouts, with the goal to put a dent in that Paper Pad that we know you've been hoarding. We may not get through the whole pad, but we'll have fun trying. *be sure to post a picture of your Paper Pad prior to starting!

A new Blue Plate Special challenge will be posted every Monday (sketch), Wednesday, and Friday. All participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

YOUR CHALLENGE: Search Pinterest (or the internet) for your chosen Paper Pad and "lift" a layout using the same pad. Each person will be lifting a different layout, so please post the layout that you're lifting as well!
*BONUS entry points if you also "lift" two (2) cards that you found during your paper pad search using your chosen Paper Pad.

UPDATE: If you have difficulty finding LOs with your pad, do the following: Google your pad. Pictures should come up showing your pad and there will be LOs connected that will have a similar theme or paper. Pick one of those. Have fun with this challenge and bash your pad.

Here is the pad I chose for the month
Here is the layout I found to lift
Here is my take
and here are my cards
Hope you all crush it!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: FRIDAY CHALLENGE 10.23.20

Post by Tracy F »

So cute Tamara! Great way to use up your leftover scraps!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

love it, tamara
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

The one I lifted.
My take on it.
ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Wonderful work with your lift, Tamara! :)
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find many layouts done with my paper (it's a couple of years old) that match what I still have or the pictures I can use with them. So I created this layout from a 2 page sketch by Allison Davis for a 6x6 class. I'm not supposed to share the sketches but I can share the layout. I pretty much followed the sketch except my journaling box is replacing a photo and my title is a bit different. The pictures are of one of Steve's brothers and his wife. It was their first time out visiting us since we'd moved here. The property has been in the family since the 1980s and the only thing they'd done with it was put a rustic A-Frame cabin and an outhouse on it. The rest was just woods and swamp. When Steve's dad passed they passed the property down to Joe. So when my parents died and I got my inheritance, we bought the property from Joe. I'm SO very glad we did! And they loved what we'd done so far and our plans for it as well!
Special Visitors - Merged R.jpg
Special Visitors - Merged R.jpg (114.7 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

GinniG wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:44 pm Unfortunately I haven't been able to find many layouts done with my paper (it's a couple of years old) that match what I still have or the pictures I can use with them. So I created this layout from a 2 page sketch by Allison Davis for a 6x6 class. I'm not supposed to share the sketches but I can share the layout. I pretty much followed the sketch except my journaling box is replacing a photo and my title is a bit different. The pictures are of one of Steve's brothers and his wife. It was their first time out visiting us since we'd moved here. The property has been in the family since the 1980s and the only thing they'd done with it was put a rustic A-Frame cabin and an outhouse on it. The rest was just woods and swamp. When Steve's dad passed they passed the property down to Joe. So when my parents died and I got my inheritance, we bought the property from Joe. I'm SO very glad we did! And they loved what we'd done so far and our plans for it as well!

That looks great!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Ural wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:00 am Image
The one I lifted.
My take on it.
I’d smile for the camera for money! She is darling🤗 nice take on your lift
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Tamara wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 pm
GinniG wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:44 pm Unfortunately I haven't been able to find many layouts done with my paper (it's a couple of years old) that match what I still have or the pictures I can use with them. So I created this layout from a 2 page sketch by Allison Davis for a 6x6 class. I'm not supposed to share the sketches but I can share the layout. I pretty much followed the sketch except my journaling box is replacing a photo and my title is a bit different. The pictures are of one of Steve's brothers and his wife. It was their first time out visiting us since we'd moved here. The property has been in the family since the 1980s and the only thing they'd done with it was put a rustic A-Frame cabin and an outhouse on it. The rest was just woods and swamp. When Steve's dad passed they passed the property down to Joe. So when my parents died and I got my inheritance, we bought the property from Joe. I'm SO very glad we did! And they loved what we'd done so far and our plans for it as well!

That looks great!

Thanks Tamara! I did another one with a different sketch but I need to scan in the sketch so I can share them both. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

This is my layout

Here is the layout that I lifted

Return to “October 2020 - Paper Pad Bash”