Saturday Jan 22, 2022

Tamara
Challenge Team

Saturday Jan 22, 2022

Post by Tamara »

Good Morning!!
Woke up at 5:00 am and DH was already up. Couldn't go back to sleep so got up and made an early Breakfast before DH left for the grocery store that opens at 7:00 AM Not much going on today. They took the catheter out of my dad but he still held too much in his bladder so he won't be getting discharged today. He has to have it out for 8 hours and not retain a certain amount in his bladder to qualify to go home. They got real strict on the rules. You are allowed two visitors per day not per time you are in the room. So My sister went in the morning and my brother in the afternoon but they kicked my nephew out and wouldn't let him in at 6:00 because it is the same two people that are allowed all day! Have you ever heard of something so ridiculously. The night before the nurse told my other sister that they appreciated someone being with him since he has increased dementia and it helped them. I don't think anyone is scheduled to see my dad today. My other brother who has taken care of him daily doesn't even dare go because he can only stay a couple of hours and that would limit someone else from going. Hie regular Dr. lives up the street from them and they weren't even going to let him in although he wasn't the one to admit him (#@!*) so he pulled the clergy card and got in to see him.
I did call his insurance company and found out that he has !00% coverage for a home health care nurse.
So sad when you have to think that it would be a blessing if he passed. Oh my goodness! so much to handle.
I am running down to my Dads house today to get the scrapbook I made for him. I don't want anyone else claiming it. My brother told me to take it at our service when we were cleaning stuff out of his house last month but it sits by the chair where he is most of the day and I thought he would notice it missing. Now that I know he's not coming home I'm on a mission to grab it. :mrgreen: Also need to give my niece her Birthday present.

Hoping to scrap some!
Happy Saturday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Saturday Jan 22, 2022

Post by Patti »

Morning!
Tamara, it is a lot to handle. My niece was the one who had to handle my mom's passing and I know it was hard on her to make some of the decisions. I had COVID at the time so I wasn't able to be there or see her in her last days plus she was 16 hours away.
I'm finally really going to sew today and get these curtains remade for my friend. No more procrastinating! Hope to work on a LO also. We have a couple of dogs coming over to see how they get along with ours. The owners need someone to watch them overnight. Tonight watching the Packers hopefully defeat the 49ers.
Have a great day everyone!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Tamara, my heart goes out to you having to deal with everything. It's not easy but there is help out there if you search for it. When I was taking care of my mom, I was lucky enough to get all the help I needed to keep her at home. It wasn't easy but I'm so glad I got to spend that time with her even though she didn't know who I was.

Today didn't start out as I planned. My alarm didn't go off for some reason so I missed my exercise class. I was so bummed but I did a video workout so it wasn't all missed. Anyway..... it's getting colder here as the day goes on so no outdoor plans for today, just hanging around the house.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Tamara. so sorry for you. I know it is hard when you cannot be with him and his dementia makes things even worse. Hugs to you.
I worked at the church thrift store today from 10 to 3. It was steady. we were also changing out the manikins to have red festive wear fro Valentin's day. I was working with my aunt and we make a good team to do the designs.
kent and I are going out for chicken and biscuits tonight; free dinners at the Elks since we bough some raffle tickets a while back
It is so cold here. Our pipe is frozen in our downstairs bathroom so we will probable have to buy a heater to thaw it out. It is 7* out right now. Last night it was MINUS 30 or so and tonight it will be in the minus 20s
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”